Frequently Asked Questions

question mark
n.b. All concessions are subject to terms and conditions

I have epilepsy can I get help with any public transport costs?

You may be entitled to a Disabled bus pass or a Disabled rail card depending on how your epilepsy affects you. See our links page for more information or contact your local council to see if they run a disabled bus pass scheme.

Am I entitled to any benefits because I have epilepsy?

Depending on how your epilepsy affects you, you may be entitled to benefits. Contact The Ipswich Disabled Advice Bureau on 01473 217313 for more advice.

I am seizure free now and would like to know when I am able to get my driving license back.

Contact the D.V.L.A. for the most up to date information.

Am I entitled to any discounts at leisure facilities or attractions?

Ask to see if there is a disabled concession available most places do have concessions even if it is not advertised.

Are there any national society’s for epilepsy I can belong to?

The main two are Epilepsy Action and the National Society for Epilepsy.

I have epilepsy and would like to know more about it.

Our support group can arrange training for individuals, schools and employers.

What are epileptic seizures?

The brain is made up of millions of nerve cells that control the way we think, move and feel. The nerve cells do this by passing electrical signals to each other. In some people, these signals suddenly get interrupted and this causes a seizure. Epileptic seizures always start in the brain.

Where can I get information on epilepsy?

Our support group can supply you with a free taylor made information pack that we can send to you.

I have epilepsy can i get a discount at the cinema?

You may be able to get a concession where you carer goes to the cinema for free see the Cinema Exhibitors Association
link on are home page for full terms and conditions.